CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day Two

I woke up in the morning thinking about Revolutionaries and Loyalists. I remembered instantly how Ignacio, Manolo, and I were brought into the revolutionary camps yesterday out of force and unwillingness. Ignacio, the oldest of us, explained there had been a devastating number of 42 revolutions in the history. Yet, there had been no changes and we lived as peasants with a limited amount of everything. With Ignacio guiding me, I realised he was right. As much as wars had been fought and started, nothing had changed. Whether it is the Loyalists or the Revolutionaries we, kids, are following, we still fight and die. Leaders and experienced soldiers had been telling me success requires sacrifices from the children. I strongly disagreed. I understood that no matter what we did, nothing would ever change. Understanding this in depth, I realised that no one cared for anyone of us. We were just child soldiers who come and go just to fight. We are nothing to them. To us, however, we child soldiers realise that this had got to stop. Yet, we have no choice. Yet, we cannot resist. At this point, I believed that no one in the whole entire army will ever understand or care about us, General Mendoza appeared. He was a good leader, I believed, because his thinking was slightly closer to mine than others. I believe there was an escape to all this chaotic mess. As to that, I just needed to wait.
Image: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiGd_AyUoBsEV3JEPGEajb8_araUcVVIVZ762TKrCvXgYX35opCbcCPS6R9_d_5Oh4fMQRIu5tSYoDN9TuV9ah-CcXCgbejIZLL512ek5Fb-Z5zNYRJD7oyrWmK5qNQgO-_tULvpv7a7y0/s1600-h/Day+Two.jpg

0 comments: