CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day One


I stepped down onto the wet mud hastily. Every part of my body ached from nervousness and pain. Thinking of Conception and Mother at home, drowned by tears, made my heart twitch. I shook my head quickly and sighed. There was no time to think about my family. Without hesitation, I quickly followed the soldier in front of me towards the main tent. Searching helplessly, I tried to find a pair of eyes with a bit of sympathy, a bit of care. Every pair of eyes that stared back, however, were dark and blank. Boys in over sized army uniforms worked, experienced men worked, and the captains worked. I felt a hard thump from my chest out horrification and what is to come in the future. Unwillingly, images of myself in oversized army uniforms became to arise, leading to images of myself...dead. Every part of my body felt the frightening shiver I was unable to stop. How could they do this to us children? Us innocent, knowledge less children. We know nothing. We did nothing. Yet, we are brought here as child soldiers to fight for something we know will never be reachable. This goal so far is what they set for us to look upon at, but we all know it will not happen. Just as I was deep in thought, I felt a gentle nudge on my shoulder. Ignacio reminded me to keep my walking pace because I was slowing down. Soon after our arrival, I felt uncertainty. I was able to get food, but Juan and Whistler, and the rest of the leaders rushed us toward the training camps. Juan and Whistler completely horrify me with every possible action they consider to take or do. With the cold stare into my eyes, they manage to make me shiver. I was unsure whether or not I was going to survive the next day. All I can do is hope for the chance.
Image: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiNB02Ke7SfhQTOT1w1mI_drCFsaFEv2g_69PxU2NKVCg2LZ1qU6Z575MhpM0WFSyFuGQGVHqaYeyE8WFVg7AifJY6EKzmPyBU4C5jYvuzBNGOnaLbwzMgeGDxCMAXVnvNMFtOWm0AtqoY/s1600-h/0_22_101305_child_soldier3.jpg

0 comments: