CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 7


Going to a war is just an absurd idea seeing as how unprepared and untrained I actually was. Although we have done drills, a real gunfight was always going to be different from a drill. My face started to sweat and I was absolutely nervous with worries and fear. I looked down at my feet and a train of thought went through my mind. With this amount of preparation and training, I would only pray that God would be on my side during the fight. I would only pray that luck got me for the first time and decided to be on my side. I wondered how much my arms and hands would shake if I were in the stands in preparation to shoot at a man. Loyalist or not, I doubted that I could ever do it. Without the fear and nervousness of a real war, a drill could never be enough to show how much I would be going through. My heart sunk deeply down into the well as I prayed to God I would make i through unscathed. Or perhaps, undead. I prayed again and again, out loud and silently. The sweat that had been drifting down my face seemed to have stopped for a bit. As nervous as I still was, I was praying. I believed that God would be on my side through this. I sighed heavily and marched toward the soldiers with unmatched uniforms and low ammunition rifles.
Image: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhg01hQkEejWRZrNci83XBqCO8lkLkrpVATrpZyrRPNf5719emiewB8rhzTU2V1ernFAo6OIm4eLffKiKD1zyxnusOFJmHKNpH9e-TX1-mkL6YhLZ4gUcobSre3TJtU97EgrIOv2PRVl5w/s1600-h/child-soldier-afghanistan.jpg

0 comments: