CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Day 5


Emptiness and coldness filled my stomach. Innocent lives were taken away and we Revolutionaries just stood by and watched. Arriving late is no excuse, and the least we can do is bury the villagers properly. I stroked around thinking intensely. It was then that I realised the difference between Loyalists and Revolutionaries. As Revolutionaries, we were here to protect and change the people at the same time. Loyalists were here to keep and gain control of people. But that is obviously not happening because us people could not live under the circumstances we did now. Stroking in the empty village emptily reminded me of my own village. Seeing these wounded men and women lifelessly reminded of my own village. My heart sank as I thought of Conception and Mother in the home village waiting desperately for my return. But maybe, just maybe, they will never get hurt and captured the way this village had been. This is when I realised how lively our village had been. This is when I realised how big of an impact us soldiers, each and of us, made. Back when I just came in, I had absolutely no aim as to for who and why we were fighting. Now, realising the truth and the picture, I knew exactly what we were fighting for. I was, as a soldier, part of this country as a whole, fighting for a better cause. The girl, whom was surprisingly the same age as me, was wounded with a newborn baby in her arms. All of this made me think of the reason I had not think of escaping for awhile now. At the beginning, all I ever thought about was escaping and leaving. Now, I was here, thinking about fighting for the cause and the future of our country. This event had made me realised numerous things.
Image: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjWfR8Ezyr7rFVDp10aeJOjVH61ar8XYm7su11_uYvcG2rNSA8fiK4O5_jj1iGCpvDfdPEpUP_Ndgo6Y6FLK5SrlCiT8oGrmReb-gI8-wbbak0o2-GJEPZDY0mX0r1ggyhOHdh7fFc9dqA/s1600-h/391080237BFvHFF_ph.jpg

0 comments: